Not all services at the practice are available under the NHS. Where patients request non-NHS items or services, a private fee may be payable in accordance with British Medical Association (BMA) guidance and in line with charges applied by other General Practice surgeries. Fees and charges for these services are shown below which may be payable in advance. Any questions in regards to these services, you can contact us on 0208 813 8122.
For further information on why fees are charged, please visit our Non-NHS Work page.
You may require a doctor’s letter for various reasons e.g. fitness to travel or confirmation of medical conditions. Please contact reception to make your request which will be dealt with in the most appropriate way.
If you are pregnant and require a doctor’s letter as proof of ‘permission to travel’ please be aware that many airlines require your doctor’s letter to be signed within 48 hours of international travel.
Please note that you will not be provided with a doctor’s ‘permission to travel’ letter if you are due in less than 30 days or if your pregnancy is considered high-risk.
TfL PCO / DVLA Private Medical Examination
The Public Carriage Office (PCO) Transport for London (TfL) or DVLA Medical Examination is not provided under the NHS and is subject to a private fee of £100.
This is how to arrange for the TfL PCO Medical Examination to be done at the practice :
1) Obtain / Download TPH204 Medical Declaration form
2) Complete Pages 2 & 3 (including Signature) yourself
3) Visit Optician to complete Section 7 – Vision (page 9) – Optician fees will apply
4) Read the following Terms of Service if you wish to have the Private Medical Examination completed at the practice:
i) The Private Fee of £100 is payable in advance
ii) You will be charged £50 (50% of fee) if you do not turn up to a booked Face to Face appointment or cancel/postpone your appointment with less than 2 days notice
iii) The practice is not responsible for the consequences of the authority requesting the report (e.g. TfL) requires us to have access to your full medical records, which may not be available at the practice. This may include your license not being granted.
iv) You must get an optician to complete the Vision section (at your own cost) BEFORE you attend the appointment at the practice
v) Your completed form may only be available to collect upto 3 working days after the end of your examination.
vi) Further charges will apply if additional reports, statements or responses are required after the original report is completed and submitted to the relevant authority.
5) If you accept the Terms above, please make payment of £100 to the practice.
6) Email the practice at email@example.com to request an appointment for a Private Medical Examination and confirm that you have made payment in advance. Please include your correct email address and mobile phone number.
7) You will be contacted to arrange an appointment with a Health Care Assistant for a Blood Pressure Check. Please ensure you bring your TPH204 form (with Vision section completed by Optician and Pages 2 & 3 completed by you) to be left at the practice.
8) You will be advised when to expect a Phone/Video call with a Doctor to complete the rest of the form.
9) After your call with a doctor, you should be able to collect the form within 3 working days. We will keep a copy of the form in your Medical Records.